Meet Stella

21 Jun

I found her at thrift store a few months.  She is still in my garage, waiting for me to decide what to do with her.

antique dresser casters

She is perfect in size…and I love her…but I have no clue what, where, when I can find a home for her inside the house.

I have a bad habit of stalking thrift stores for months at a time.  When I found Stella, she was covered in junk.  I literally ran to her, asked how much, paid $19, and walked out the door in less than 5 minutes.

I also have a bad habit of naming pieces of furniture therefore making each piece personal, which means I can never get rid of anything…which translates to a garage full of furniture that have names…and my husband does not like that…at all because it is HIS garage that is full of MY furniture.  You can feel my pain.

Back to Stella…she has great lines…

and gorgeous handles…

but needs a bit of TLC:

and I love little thrift store finds because when I got home, I opened the bottom drawer and found this:

I know a sweet little boy named Jack who loves the Lord, making this discovery even more precious.

So…what to do with sweet Stella?  I’m thinking silver or gold…not brassy or shiny.

Subtle.  Sophisticated.

Something like this:

Martha Stewarts Precious Metal paint in Tin or Froth.

What do you think?

Decisions, decisions….

9 Responses to “Meet Stella”

1. Andrea @ Vegvacious June 21, 2011 at 6:28 am #

$19 is a steal for Stella!! I am totally loving the ‘froth’ ~ can’t wait to see what you do with her.

• Angie & Carrie June 21, 2011 at 6:33 am #

I can’t decide between the two colors…usually I am pretty confident in paint colors but this one is throwing me off. I will keep you updated! xoxo, Carrie

2. aimee steckowski June 21, 2011 at 7:18 am #

she is a beauty — and love her name! i might borrow her name when i start picking up some new pieces this summer that are in need of some TLC! i can see stella as a turquoise or green color if she lived in my house. {& i love the Jack box… we have a Jack and he Loves Jesus too; time to make him a little keepsake box!}.

• Angie & Carrie June 22, 2011 at 7:09 am #

Hey Aimee!! I originally thought a Kelly Green would be perfect, but I have alot of color in my house and painting Stella bright green might turn my home into a circus! HA!! Hope you are doing well! xoxo, Carrie & Angie

• Menirva July 10, 2014 at 11:07 am #

I have to admit, I’m slightly enuvios of your Logo. It’s amazing.And I feel you on the we could paint it! projects. You don’t even want to know about the projects littering my art tables, church office, and garage loft. It’s .. bad. Have a wonderful open house!I am sincerely thinking about coming your way sometime in the latter spring.

3. Angie & Carrie June 21, 2011 at 7:27 am #

Just look at Stella’s legs!! Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what you do with her! -Angie

• Angie & Carrie June 22, 2011 at 7:07 am #

Isn’t she gorgeous? I need to decide where she is going!

4. Mrs. Tuna June 21, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

I love that you name your furniture, it seems like I can never find anything as nice as this and oh yeah right, I don’t know how to refunish furniture.

5. http://www.amazon.it/ December 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

Рlease let me knоw if you’re looking for a article
    wrіter for your sitе. You have some really good articles
    and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some
    of the load off, I’d love to ωfite some content for your blo in exchange fοг a link back to mine.
    Plеase shoоt me an email if interested.Regards!

Havе a look at my web siye – italy – http://www.amazon.it/ -