Gaudy to Funky

8 Aug

If you didn’t see this over at Jenna’s last week…here you go!

I found a great little bench at a local antique fair about a year ago. It was covered in this hideous print:

I promptly recovered it in this leopard print…not my favorite but better than how I bought it.

The bench fit perfectly in my master bathroom but being honest, looking at the leopard print every morning made my skin crawl. I am constantly shopping for new fabric and material but nothing I found screamed “recover that bench!”

Then I found a print similar to West Elm’s zebra pillows, I knew it was perfect for the bench.

Sparing 10 minutes out of our super busy summer with about 1/4 yard of fabric and a staple gun, my bench went from this:

To this:

And it is fabulous…according to my soon to be 9 year old daughter.

Mixing funky prints with vintage finds is a great way to update a space…and revamp older pieces of furniture without breaking the bank!

xoxo,

Carrie

Between Naps on the PorchDIY ShowoffDomestically SpeakingFinding FabulousFunky Junk InteriorsHouse of HepworthsMiss Mustard SeedMy Backyard EdenPerfectly ImperfectPrimitive & ProperRemodelaholicSAS InteriorsShabby NestWhipperberryToday’s Creative BlogThe Thrifty HomeSavvy Southern StyleSome Day CraftsEisy MorganGreen Door Designs,  At Home with KHome Stories A2Z

21 Responses to “Gaudy to Funky”

1. Megan August 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

I love animal prints…and benches too! Come check me out!

2. audra August 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

That is one cute stool! The zebra looks much better hehe :) I’d love for you to link up at my Tuesday Tutorials Link Party!

3. Carolyn | homework August 9, 2011 at 11:59 am #

Wow – what a transformation. It’s amazing what a difference the fabric choice can make. If you have a moment, I would be thrilled if you shared this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}.
    Hope to see you there.
    carolyn | homework

4. Rae August 9, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

What a super transformation, I’ve gotta agree with your daughter’s opinion!

5. Lidy Caldera August 9, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

Love zebra print. The bench looks great!! :)

6. Kim August 9, 2011 at 8:08 pm #

Absolutely LOVE anything in Zebra lately! The cheetah was nice but oh my what a difference the zebra makes. Funky Fantabulous!
    Kim

tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

7. cassie August 10, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

love it! the zebra fabric just seems to belong there perfectly!

8. flowerpowermomma August 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

I wouldn’t have thought of doing that…but I like it. It looks great.

• Angie & Carrie August 13, 2011 at 8:34 am #

Thanks!!! I love the zebra…quick fixes are the best!!

9. SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime August 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

This post made me smile. Thanks for inspiring me and many others to even attempt this feat. Really appreciate that you linked up at the Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop.

10. Jill August 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

Awesome job! Great quick fix!!

• Angie & Carrie August 13, 2011 at 8:34 am #

I love a good quick fix! Thanks for stopping by Jill! xoxo, Carrie and Angie

11. Brooke @ Inside-Out Design August 12, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Love the zebra! That bench is fab now!!

• Angie & Carrie August 13, 2011 at 8:34 am #

Thanks Brooke! Cute blog you have!!! xoxo, Carrie and Angie

12. Cynthia August 12, 2011 at 10:12 am #

Wow! That zebra fabric looks amazing on that bench! Great job!

• Angie & Carrie August 13, 2011 at 8:33 am #

Thanks so much Cynthia…much better with the zebra! Thanks for visiting our little blog!!! xoxo, Carrie and Angie

13. Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com August 14, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

I looooooove this bench! Well done! I am a new follower and would love for you to link up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/14/blog-party-3/

I look forward to blogging with you!

14. Courtney August 18, 2011 at 9:03 am #

Love how it came out- so cute! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

15. Leticia August 26, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Love it! Way to go! I want one!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Leticia

16. rEmodel ideas for homes May 16, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Its not all bath rooms can be treat spots using whirlpool hot tubs and two individual vanities. For some lavatories, space is at reasonably limited and bumping away partitions is just not a good …indian harbour

17. Daren Ziebarth May 18, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

The wood tubs are not a new concept; they were used for centuries all over the world. It was during the Second World War that the Americans noticed the wood soaking tubs in Japan. They converted the wooden wine vats into wooden hot tubs. So the Americans experienced the social bathing with wooden hot tubs. Today though acrylic spas are more prevalent, wooden tubs are also being purchased mostly on personal preference. However, there are many reasons for choosing a wooden tub over a plastic spa.”;’^

Kindly visit our personal blog page as well