Everything.

17 Oct

I love this quote.

There are days when I am pretty confident on the direction I want to go…with the gifts I’ve been blessed with.

Like this past Friday.  I knew exactly where I was going…

And then there are days when that awful self-doubt creeps in and tells me “you can’t do that! Are you out of your mind?!”

That was Sunday…and I told myself I sucked at everything.

Do you ever struggle with self doubt? Comparing yourself to others?  Wondering what others would “think” about you?

I do. And that is one quality I really don’t like about myself.

I’m trying to push those thoughts completely out of my head…and think about the gifts I’ve been blessed with.

It’s hard.  I’m a work in progress.  And I moving in the right direction.

I hope you are too.

Have a happy Monday, friends!

Tomorrow I’ll tell you why I never throw anything away….smile!

xoxo,

Carrie

8 Responses to “Everything.”

1. Allison @ Two Thirty-Five Designs October 17, 2011 at 6:21 am #

Is it bad to say that I am glad someone else feels this way?!? Just this weekend when describing a piece of wall art I want to get working on, the looks I received after the description pretty much told my I was psycho…but this morning I am regaining my confidence and telling myself not everyone sees things the way I do (all while sticking my tongue out, not really…or did I?). This post couldn’t of come at a better time, thanks!

• Angie & Carrie October 17, 2011 at 11:29 am #

Awww…I love your comment Allison! I think we all need to stick together, support and encourage each other. Stay confident!! I can’t wait to see what your wall art looks like! Love ya! Carrie

2. Pamela October 17, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

This post hit home for me today… the last two days I’ve totally been feeling down in the dumps like everything I have been doing is almost pointless. No matter how hard I work doesn’t feel like I’m moving forward in anything I do.

Pity Party here.

Deep breath hoping I’ll have one of those feel good empowering days soon to flip it all around.

Lovesies to you, trust me, what you’re doing is all right!

Pamela @ pbjstories.blogspot.com

• Angie & Carrie October 17, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

I hate those days too…I feel like the worst wife and mommy because I am so down on myself…and my family picks up on it too. We all need a good pity party…its okay!! Let it out! :) You are doing the right things too…your projects are so awesome and I can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve. :) If we lived near each other, I’d take baby boy off your hands to play so you could have some time to yourself. And we could have a GNO! :)

Big hugs, sweet friend! We are all in this together! xoxo, Carrie

3. Jami October 17, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Seriously…it’s like you wrote this for me! Though I’m pretty sure this is how I’ll feel till the baby comes but I can assure you you’re not alone! You’re doing an awesome job

• Angie & Carrie October 18, 2011 at 10:59 am #

I can’t wait to ‘meet’ the baby! :) Love her name! And you will settle into a nice little groove after she is born! xoxo, Carrie

4. Angie October 18, 2011 at 4:14 am #

It’s like you wrote this just for me too!! I thought about this post and what you wrote all day yesterday. I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I used to be so confident all my life but…after quitting my job 6 months ago to start a new career, I’ve been full of insecurity and self doubt. And frankly it sucks. Here’s to getting our mojo back and trying to keep it! :)