Two Friends Two Cities came about after a girls weekend several years ago. We began talking about things we were doing to our homes, furniture we were refinishing, and our dreams for the future. We started sharing our projects via text messages and on a random texting conversation, the idea of a blog came about. At first, the blog was mainly for us to share our ideas and projects in one place. It was really never meant for anyone else to see, let alone read. As the wheels starting spinning, Two Friends Two Cities came to life and we haven’t looked back.
Sharing our projects and our lives has become one of our greatest joys. We have fun. We’ve met some amazing women who are encouraging, funny, and inspirational. And we have found ourselves along the way. This is our love, our fun, our lives and we are grateful to be able to share our different perspectives on life.
We have varying design aesthetics yet we meet in the middle in the most perfect way. We think our blog is unique to the core for the simple reason: we are two friends who live in two different cities yet our love for creative and fun design brought us together. Our new project, Lizzie + Luckett, is a place to find vintage inspired pieces to fill your home.
TwoFriendsTwoCities current blogging schedule:
- Every Monday, we post interior design ideas that inspire us
- Tuesdays will feature DIY projects
- Wednesdays still be the What’s For Dinner Wednesday series where recipes are featured. It’s hard to believe but we’ve had this food series since November 2010! Since the series is weekly, that’s at least 60 recipes we’ve shared with you. What an we say…we Texas girls love food and testing out new recipes. Lately we’ve been becoming more aware of what’s hidden inside packaged foods and it’s quite shocking. Eating healthier and eliminating artificial ingredients in our diets is big on our personal agendas for 2012, so you’ll start seeing more of these type of healthy recipes and discoveries on What’s For Dinner Wednesday.
- Thursday will be personal blogging about whatever is going on in the world: the news, our lives, whatever floats our boat (or your boat!). So if you want to hear about anything particular or have always wanted to know something about us, now’s your chance! Just let us know and we’ll do our best to fit it in.
- Friday will simply feature things that make us happy. There’s always been small things or subjects we wanted to share with you…just little things we come across like a funny statement or a new find on Pinterest. However we’ve been hesitant and not shared them because the subject matter didn’t seem worthy enough for an entire blog post. Well, that’s where our new Happy Friday Things comes into play. Now we can cram all these little random things in one post for a fun Friday read.